Battery tray/oil tank spacers

ronzmtrwrx
Bikes: 64 Panhead, 75 Shovel

Battery tray/oil tank spacers

Post by ronzmtrwrx »

I am needing the dimensions of the spacers that go under the battery tray/oil tank mt. to seat post and fender mounts on a rigid frame. If I remember right, all four are the same. Im thinking .500" thick but not sure. I searched through the knowledge base but didn't find a definite answer. It's not a restoration, so I'm fine with machining my own. Thanks in advance. RO
RUBONE
Bikes: Multiple H-D, Ducati, BMW, Triumph, BSA,...

Re: Battery tray/oil tank spacers

Post by RUBONE »

There are only two, not four.
They go under the tray and on top of the frame tab and are approximately 1/2" OD x 1/2" L with a hole to allow a 5/16ths bolt approximately 21/64.
ronzmtrwrx

Post by ronzmtrwrx »

Thanks a bunch. I thought there were two on the rear of the tray as well, but I don't have a good drawing or anything to look at. I thought I remembered there being a bracket from the batt tray to the rear fender holding up the rear of the oil tank. Anyway, thanks again for the reply. RO
RUBONE

Post by RUBONE »

There is a bracket at the back. It is a curved angle with two holes for the fender and two holes for the oil tank/battery tray assembly. But no spacers, unless it is a custom then who knows what might appear anywhere...
UPSROD
Bikes: 58 FLH 65 FLH 81 FXB 04 FLHRSI

Post by UPSROD »

Don't want to get my head chopped off, but there are four spacers on a swing arm bike 58-64!
ronzmtrwrx

Post by ronzmtrwrx »

Thanks RUBONE. It's an original wishbone frame, oil tank and battery tray. I'm fabbing a Bobber style rear fender and want to get the oil tank, tranny, inner primary mocked up before I do the fender. Since I'm making the fender, I'll prob get the height set on the oil tank and make the rear bracket to fit to the fender. Of course, I'll set the trans and inner primary in place as it all plays off each other. The only problem being, my inner is a cherry OEM 58 and later so I know the top rear tab won't line up. I hate to hack up my inner, as someone else would probably like to have it, but I would be hard pressed to find a 57 and earlier as good as this one. Thanks again, RO
RUBONE

Post by RUBONE »

Code: Select all

Don't want to get my head chopped off, but there are four spacers on a swing arm bike 58-64!
His question was regarding a rigid frame. But thanks for pointing out the difference with swingarm. :mrgreen:
UPSROD
Bikes: 58 FLH 65 FLH 81 FXB 04 FLHRSI

Post by UPSROD »

Thanks Robbie, I guess I should have read the first post instead of looking at what bikes he has listed!
ronzmtrwrx

Post by ronzmtrwrx »

Partly my fault. I guess I should clarify the 64 is in a wishbone frame. Sorry.

Return to “Frame & Fittings”