intro and looking for frame part

pan56head
Bikes: *

intro and looking for frame part

Post by pan56head »

hello to all,
I am new to posting but have been reading here a long time.Alot of good information here as well. I have been building@riding bikes for 30yrs now.
Two 45"solos and three servicars over the years.too many newer harleys to count, I hate to admit this but I have had 4 new harleys in the past 2yrs.springers,baggers ect. Sounds nuts but I just wasn't happy seeing my same bike on every street corner.So I traded a my new springer and my daily ride to a nice man in tennesee who just couldn't enjoy starting and riding his 56 pan flh anymore.We swapped straight up. He was happy to ride again and I was also to have a bike you won't see on every corner.
Along the line 25-30yrs ago someone cut the tank mount and steering damper stabilizer off. I need a nice replacement I can tig back on and make it look as good as new.
Any Ideas where I can buy one? Thank you-Tim
Ohio-Rider

Post by Ohio-Rider »

Welcome aboard. Can't help ya with those parts but I'm sure someone will come by shortly who can. Did you say you traded a new springer for your 56pan? Wow I'm going to get mine cleaned up when I get home. Your going to love your new ride. You won't find many of them on the street corner. -Steve
VT

Post by VT »

Chris Haynes said, the damper pin was used mostly when tightening the damper knob down for side-car use. My knuckle frame w/ glide forks doesn't have a pin boss on the frame. I removed the yoke plate from the damper assembly and just tightened down the knob. I don't know of anyone that makes the cast anchor pin boss for the frame, but as kits become popular and Knuckle-Glides start being built, someone will start to cast them. They cast aluminum relay bosses for the early STD crankcases (I have one). When there's a demand, parts get made.
pan56head

Post by pan56head »

I found a company in australia but dont want to wait a month to get it.
Heres a pic of the part I need. thanks-tim
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fourthgear
Inactive member
Bikes: -

Post by fourthgear »

Photo is kinda small, but if you are looking for the top front cast gas tank mount , JP cycles has a part # 7200570 ,"Fat Bob gas tank replacement mount" & has to be welded on of course. Now the that pin for the steering damper , don't know about that one.
VT

Post by VT »

56! Put the photo on your desktop with .jpg at the end of the file name. Go to http://www.imageshack.us/.
Hit choose file. Find the photo on your desktop. Click open. Check "resize" and"remove thumbnail resolution" boxes. Open the dropdown menu bar and click 640 x 480 resolution. Hit host it. Wait a minute, then copy the url bar in the middle of the page that says hotlink for forums (1), then paste the pic here on your post. Try it about 5 times till you get it down, then tell other people. This re-sizing part of the photo process is part of boot camp. We're building our own school here.
:arrow: Yea, i know you know all this, but I'm saying it for the other people that lurk.
pan56head

Post by pan56head »

pan56head

Post by pan56head »

VT. I tried another pic and it worked fine.must be that little pic wont work.
pan56head

Post by pan56head »

VT

Post by VT »

World Class. Priceless. 74"?
pan56head

Post by pan56head »

yep,74" This is how it looked 20yrs ago. I have all the parts to go back to stock except for that frame part and possibly going back to 6volt.
VT

Post by VT »

If you're not going to daily drive it, I'd go stock 6V. Okay, I didn't want to say it, but...... 6 volt is it's own club.
Low volt headlight traveling through a glen...hark!....the antique rider. Something is very comforting about the dim glow around the speedometer and the headlight on Hi-beam. My vote is 6 volt. 8)
john HD
Bikes: '42 WLA X 2, '55FL, '93 Ultra Classic, '91 Fatboy, '97 883, '03 Rokon Trailbreaker, '83 GPz 750.

Post by john HD »

those frame parts from austrailia do show up on ebay from time to time.

i met the guy who makes them at davenport last year and got to look at his stuff in person. nice work.

john
pan56head

Post by pan56head »

awsome.I am hoping someone has an extra chunk of frame they may sell or trade me. I know-wishfull thinking. thanx-tim
john HD
Bikes: '42 WLA X 2, '55FL, '93 Ultra Classic, '91 Fatboy, '97 883, '03 Rokon Trailbreaker, '83 GPz 750.

Post by john HD »

judging by the quality of the guys work i would say it is worth the wait.

also, go for the 6 volt and an accurate reproduction of the wiring harness, your lights will be nice and bright!

the 6v batteries last a long time.

john

Return to “Frame & Fittings”