Belt pitch

What is the real difference between 8mm and 11mm pitch on a belt

dirtydistrict
Bikes: 2010 road king at the moment. Won't last long

Belt pitch

Post by dirtydistrict »

Hi everyone; I plan to put a Primo primary belt (1' 1/2) what is the real difference between 8mm and 11mm pitch on a belt, except a matter of choice is there any advantages using one instead of another ?
Sun is shinning here in Froggyland, my thees are full of mosquitoes
DuoDave
Bikes: duo

Re: Belt pitch

Post by DuoDave »

Those darn mosquitoes get everywhere. Better give your thees a good spraying! ;)
haggis
Bikes: *

Post by haggis »

Just sprayed mine but...." My hovercraft is full of eels!" (Monty P)
Good to hear from you DirtyD, how is spring in Paris?
Vive La Belle France! Haggis
dirtydistrict

Post by dirtydistrict »

Ah mes amis, spring is wonderfull, 21° today; the 58 run great, girls are wearing skirts soooo it's quite dangerous riding in Paris looking everywhere. If anyone get time to see the last Emir Kusturica movie GET IT, it's a marvelous movie.
It's gonna be also the 60th anniversary of D Day in june; many 45's are planned to be there in Normandy; well quite military stuff....but this is the way harley came in my country. Hope you have a nice time too
DuoDave
Bikes: duo

Post by DuoDave »

The weather has been pretty good here in Scotland also. I have been having all sorts of problems with my bikes, but DirtyDistricts post cheered me up. For some reason I found it hilarious. ;D. DirtyDistrict, you are definately my all time favourite Frenchman!
I am getting to grips with the bike problems and I now have everything I need to get the Panhead back together, so let the good times roll!
dirtydistrict

Post by dirtydistrict »

Glad you had good times reading some of my post, I had writing them, they say around me I have some "english" (oups...sorry) sense of humour, may be that's the reason why I'm the french you can talk to without getting nervous ah ah ah
VintageTwin
Bikes: '46 Knuck. '57 Panhead, '59 Panhead

Post by VintageTwin »

The teeth on a belt are measured from c/l of one nub, across to the other nub. I posted a picture on the re-pop site under "Projects" I think. Get the 11 mm. was what Stett told me. 1-1/2" if you want to run it under tin. You guys have English down pretty good. I can't even pronounce the name of Panheads street. "OoglestorpStrasser" is the best I can do. :-X
Calif. used to not have "skeets" 15 yrs ago. Well they had them, but the nights got to cold and the skeets couldn't move too fast. They still can't, but they are fatter now, getting like Texas skeeters. Comes with global warming. Ocean levels are permanently higher now. High tide in Waikiki now comes up to within 20' of the hotel. People are sitting under beach chairs and all of a sudden a sheet of water moves in and floats their flip-flops and suntan bottles back out to sea. Mad scramble. Funny if your watching the scene from above. Doesn't affect the Harely-Davidson life, but screws up surfing because the retreating water makes it's on wave headed back out to sea and puts a bump in the face of a wave, that slows the wave from breaking. Messes up your timing since you're taking off late in the wave. You think it's gonna break, but the wave mushes-out. Same thing in Calif. when high tides hit the cliffs. France has always had 12' tides. Surfing there was always "tidal" You went to the beach and stayed there all day, sleeping in the sand, waiting for the tide to ebb and slack. High tide..forget about it.
weezeo
Inactive member
Bikes: -

Post by weezeo »

Well its 88 here in SunnySouthFlorida. and the Skeets are damn near as big as the wood-snail storks or vis versa. But in another section of Forum is Chain vs Belt pictures of the pulleys and diff ratio pulleys i think the 14 mm won out it is a thicker belt and can be run in the tins I'm sure thats the forum its in...BTW Here it gets down to 78 at nite then the SKEETS really get on ya and you have to wear 2 pair of glasses to see. But then that is if the Love Bugs are done doing there thing. They tag team ya.

Return to “Chains & Belts”