Clutch slipping/ mouse trap not releasing

Lstpan65
Inactive member
Bikes: *

Clutch slipping/ mouse trap not releasing

Post by Lstpan65 »

Hi guys,
I have a 65 FLH that was 90% done when I got it, so now I'm debugging it. 70 miles. Runs great, minor ignition and carb problems but thats worked out. I noticed the clutch starting slipping in 3-4 gear. Also the booster sticks when I pull the clutch all the way in. The hand leaver is adjusted so the booster doesn't open all the way so this isn't really a huge problem since I don't have to pull the clutch all the way in to ingage/disingage the clutch. I only mention it in case an adjustment would help with the slipping. I started to thumb through the manual but I got a little lost in all the different types of adjustments. I looked through the old treads like always, but I must have missed something. On a personal note, my hat goes off to all. The information I've been able to obtain here has been priceless.
Any help or tips would be greatly appreatied. Thanks Mark
john HD
Bikes: '42 WLA X 2, '55FL, '93 Ultra Classic, '91 Fatboy, '97 883, '03 Rokon Trailbreaker, '83 GPz 750.

Post by john HD »

hey mark

it has been a while since i have had to mess with my mousetrap. when i first set mine up i was having a similar problem.

what i found was a set of clutch springs for a mouse trap eliminator, after installing the correct springs and following the instructions in the manual it has worked fine since.

setting it up can test your patience... stick with it.

john
panhead
Site Admin
Bikes: 1954 FL

Post by panhead »

Tightening the clutch springs worked for me.
Lstpan65
Inactive member
Bikes: *

Post by Lstpan65 »

Well I got the mouse trap working ok so now its onto the clutch. Thanks again

Return to “Clutch & Mousetrap”