woodruff key

ks8780
Bikes: '49 FL in a '53 frame
' 00 fLSTF

woodruff key

Post by ks8780 »

I am needing the woodruff keys for the clutch hub and sprocket shaft on my '49 FL. Does anyone know if these 2 numbers are the right ones. I'm pretty sure on the clutch key but am having trouble finding the sprocket key.

clutch hub key # 37523-15,

sprocket shaft key # 23985-12

The clutch hub key is not a full half moon shape. Is the sprocket key the same shape ? This is a JIMS sprocket shaft if that makes a difference.

Thanks
58flh
Former member
Bikes: 1958flh 1969sporty,had a knuckle but sold back to original owner

Re: woodruff key

Post by 58flh »

KS780---Being its a JIMS SHAFT -I would measure both key-slots before ordering them!--The #s may be correct!--But a tight press-fit is a must!--NO SLOP HERE!.You may have to order different keys & surface grind them to proper shaft spec.---I would call JIMS & explain your problem!--OLNY if it is a problem.IF you can mic. the new ones & compare to meas. of JIMS SHAFT,That would be the way to go!--If LARGER your good!,But smaller = no good.---Respectfully---RICHIE
tschukojr
Bikes: 07-road glide ---50 fl

Re: woodruff key

Post by tschukojr »

i recently used a hub key from , well i did,nt use it but it was from j& p, a very sloppy fit , very loose fit would'nt even stay sitting in the slot , so be carefull make sure its a tight fit, -----------tony schuko

Return to “Clutch & Mousetrap”