Revtech trans

Gary Rice
Inactive member
Bikes: 1978 Harley Davidson FLH

Revtech trans

Post by Gary Rice »

I have a 78 FLH with a revech 5 speed in a 4 speed gear box with a kicker have had nothing but trouble since day 1. first put in would not shift ,sent back to revtech, they said wrong gears were put in fixed and sent back to me in shiping shifter shaft was broke off repaired and installed .Put about 2000 miles on bike still hard to shift , put in storage for 1 year. Got out 2 weeks ago cleaned up went for a ride locked up in first gear. waiting for a reply from revtech now. has anyone else had anything like this happen to them.
Cotten
Bikes: -

Re: Revtech trans

Post by Cotten »

Gary!

The Revwreck hardware that came across my benches was marginal if not worthless.
Even a complete set of internals in a box had to be custom-fit-assembled into a stock case.

But that was years ago.

...Cotten
Pomike
Inactive member
Bikes: *

Post by Pomike »

I have heard many horror stories from days past about Revtech, but the set in my bike works fine, even though I would gladly get rid of the close ratios. I have heard that they have made great strides in quality, but I don't know for sure. I don't think they would be in business still, if they hadn't made major improvements. Just my little experience and thoughts.
Mike
il-rigido
Banned (permanently)
Bikes: 1979 Bobbed cycle, 2008 FLHR, 2005 XL883R

Post by il-rigido »

I have had great problems with an Andrews gears set (4 speed).
I seized 2 times the countershaft cluster on the shaft!!!!!!
RR

Return to “Transmission, Starter & Shifting”