4 speed electric foot

bibs
Inactive member

4 speed electric foot

Post by bibs »

Check this out! New Starter System For Old Farts

I emailed the fella thats making these and as soon as I get some feed back,I'll post it!
Cotten
Bikes: -

Re: 4 speed electric foot

Post by Cotten »

Makes too much sense.

.....Cotten
bibs
Inactive member

Post by bibs »

.....and the inventor of this Gem says he's working on a model for swing arm frames!!
kevsett
Bikes: 1964 FL

Post by kevsett »

The article states:
"The RSES does not care what you run for a primary and has a lot fewer moving parts than the factory design. Electric start conversion should be half price of the old way. As word spread of my conversion the older bikers would walk up on the left side and look puzzled. What electric start?? Then they check out the right side."

So what would the price be, in theory? The Cycle Tech starter system has been on my mind a long time now but it's been too cost prohibitive to purchase when you're like me and would need to also pay a professional to install it.
Cotten

Post by Cotten »

Just for the record and avoid confusion, my reply was an attempt to be positive about the product.
Turning the starter motor around...makes sense.
(If yer into rad alterations, anyway....)

....Cotten
Fixman
Inactive member

Post by Fixman »

This looks like a great product, but (there is always a but) I would have to change to a 12 volt generator/regulator, replace all the lights and horn, and then try and find a battery that would work in the heat of the standard oil bag. I guess a 6 volt starter would be out of the question due to size and availability.

Kent
fourthgear
Inactive member

Post by fourthgear »

Man, bibs, how do you find this stuff? Its looks kinda funky , but a good idea. We will have to see how well it does. You getting one ? Should work good with your auto clutch.
bibs
Inactive member

Post by bibs »

I believe the fella that is making these starters is probobly looking for upwards of 12-1300$$....it really looks like a trick set up and the price includes a hydraulic clutch
Yeah mike....I'd like to use the EFM pressure plate with it!!!
The inventor(short cut is his "handle") has me on group e-mail and he is keeping me posted as to when it will be available,soon as I find out more....I'll let yall know!!!

...oops!! Fergot to mention,I had a tech cycle starter some time back(wish I hadda kept it)and it performed Quite well!!! Expensive set-up though because of having to change the primary drive and the oil tank....."short cut" says he's currently working on some issues battery box related so that the 6 volt oil tank can still be used.....unless I mis-understood him.

Return to “Transmission, Starter & Shifting”