Replacing kicker cover

Replacing kicker cover

Post by Guest »

Description: Have installed release finger, but not sure how to assemble the rest....a

Hi. i have a 50 fl. just replaced kicker gear.starter crank pin was bent on the old one.Have a new clutch release assembly also. It is not the same as the old one, the bearing is different, new style has a small round bearing with installed roller bearings two washers and a spacer and a c clip also release finger.
Have installed release finger, but not sure how to assemble the rest....also how do I get the kicker cover back on with all this? Do i need to keep pressure on the kicker return spring too to line up the kicker back stop? Help!!
mbskeam
Bikes: *

Re: Replacing kicker cover

Post by mbskeam »

you need a diff push rod, the late model style has a snap ring groove in it. this is what holds the bearing assy. in place.

mbskeam

Post by Guest »

Mskbeam,
I have the new push rod with c clip groove...dont know how to install the other components onto it or where they go...can you help?
fourthgear
Inactive member
Bikes: -

Post by fourthgear »

Find a Shovel head book or one just to look at, Its been a long time since I worked on that system and don't trust my old memory. I prefer the older style throw out bearing its almost bullet proof.

Post by Guest »

Fourthgear.
Found Old shovel book today and there was an exploded diagram of how it goes together..thank you.
In case any one else needs to know.
Position parts as follows on clutch pushrod.,
1.oil slinger, cup towards transmission.
2.washer.
3.roller bearing.
4.roller bearing bushing.
5.other washer.
6. retaining ring.
There was another bushing in the kit which looks like it goes on the end of the release lever when you change over the release finger.

Return to “Transmission, Starter & Shifting”