Front Wheel Spacer?

Wheels, hubs and tires
imboden
Inactive member

Front Wheel Spacer?

Post by imboden »

Hi, is there suppose to be a front wheel spacer on my 51 FL? If so I can't seem to get one to fit on the axle, where might be a good place to order one up?
thanks!
imboden
Inactive member

Re: Front Wheel Spacer?

Post by imboden »

Ha, victory. In my infinite wisdom, I mixed up the rear and the front spacers....lol. ok, fixed.

Now I just gotta figure out my break drag. Got my springs on the same side of the pads, that fixed the squeal sound, now somethin seems to be rubbing in there, gotta try and center it like the book says, but that screw seems to be locked, don't wanna strip it out!
Kuda
Bikes: *

Post by Kuda »

No offense meant, but didja loosen the locknut first? And sometimes you need to pull the drum off and get to it from the back side to break it free the first time...

-Kuda
'49 panchop
Panacea
Bikes: 64FL 99FLHR 01FXSTD

Post by Panacea »

The springs that hold the shoes together must be on the backing plate side of the shoes or they will drag on the drum...Mike
imboden
Inactive member

Post by imboden »

Kuda wrote:No offense meant, but didja loosen the locknut first? And sometimes you need to pull the drum off and get to it from the back side to break it free the first time...

-Kuda
'49 panchop
No offense taken at all. got the locknut off, now just strugglin to get that thing loose. sprayed some break free on it and let it sit overnight, we'll see if that penetrates it
mbskeam
Bikes: *

Post by mbskeam »

you can use a C clamp and a piece of tube that will fit over the sleeve, then you just tighten the clamp and the sleeve will push into the tube.
then if its still wont come out, use a socket that is slightly smaller than the sleeve OD to push the sleeve the rest of the way out.....

mbskeam

Return to “Wheels, Hubs & Tires”