Dyna beads

Wheels, hubs and tires
fourthgear
Inactive member
Bikes: -

Dyna beads

Post by fourthgear »

Has any one heard of this product for balancing wheels . I was browsing to find some how to's for balancing wheels and found this product. They are Ceramic polished beads that you put in the tire or tube . Of course they say they work , of course. Any one use this product ?

http://www.innovativebalancing.com/
john HD
Bikes: '42 WLA X 2, '55FL, '93 Ultra Classic, '91 Fatboy, '97 883, '03 Rokon Trailbreaker, '83 GPz 750.

Post by john HD »

i have heard of them and was considering using them on my travel trailer.

just one of those things i haven't gotten around to.

our fleet trucks use a similar product but it looks like talcum powder.

john
fourthgear
Inactive member

Post by fourthgear »

John , what do the fleet mech's. think of it ? I hate to try new stuff , but just might.
john HD
Bikes: '42 WLA X 2, '55FL, '93 Ultra Classic, '91 Fatboy, '97 883, '03 Rokon Trailbreaker, '83 GPz 750.

Post by john HD »

they seem to like it because they don't have to screw around with the tires as much.

they seem to last longer at least on the ones i have driven. however we rarely completely wear tires out at the power company.

our tires usually get nails from construction sites or side wall damage from hidden fence posts etc when working in right of way.

one tornado we worked left thousands of roofing nails everywhere, needless to say the tire guys were right there with us.

john
caschnd1
Bikes: 1949 FL Chopper

Post by caschnd1 »

I've been using them for over a year now (2 sets of tires on my panhead). Best balance I've had. I used to always static balance, but there is a noticable difference using the DynaBeads. I just tried it because the physics is sound and it cost me less then $20 for everything I needed. I won't go back to weights.

Here is what I have learned talking to others though... If you are running tubless, check the inside of your tire. If it is ribbed, do not use the beads. The ribs will prevent the beads from moving freely like they should and it will cause an imbalance (probably worse then no beads or weights at all). Also, one guy reported that he had a wrinkle in his inner tube and that was catching the beads (similar to the ribs mentioned previously) and causing a problem. Once he straightened out the tube, the wheel balanced fine.

-Craig
fourthgear
Inactive member

Post by fourthgear »

I went down to Palatka yesterday and picked some up , I will post a photos later.
fourthgear
Inactive member

Post by fourthgear »

Here's what ya get , the kit has a 2 ounce bag of the stuff and applicator for filling the balls into your valve stem ( with core removed of course) and I bought two extra for the 65 "s tires ,when I get that far.

I had to cut my tire off today , I even tried to unseat the bead with my truck , what a bitch. The metal cord or reinforcement at the bead wore through or some thing and rusted to the rim.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
51Hog
Bikes: 1951 Fl

Post by 51Hog »

Fourthgear,
I lived in Palatka out 100 in Carroway for a couple of years.
My son was born there almost 26 years ago. Has that area cleaned up any at all or is it still....
Where are you at?
fourthgear
Inactive member

Post by fourthgear »

51hog
Well I don't know if it cleaned up at all, I went to a little motorcycle shop on the east side just before the down town area . it was called Marcus cycle or some thing like that , it looked small town , hell they even had a Harley in there amongst all the rice grinders.
I live in St.Augustine ,about 39 miles from there ( I know cause I set my trip odometer )north east , by the coast.

I just got done filling my tire with air and took her off the stand and am going to take a ride to test my new Dynabeads out . I'll let you all know what I think of them .
51Hog
Bikes: 1951 Fl

Post by 51Hog »

Very cool.
I used to commute to work in St. Augustine. Worked in R&D for Luhrs corp helping to design some of their power boats. It was a great job.
I may have to try some of the beads myself.
fourthgear
Inactive member

Post by fourthgear »

Took her right on to I 95 and right up to 70 mph ( I figured if the wheel & tire didn't fall off by the time it took to get to I 95 , all was ok )and no shakes or vibrations other than normal. I took all weights off the rim when I installed the tire , now I will keep an eye on tread ware. I like the Metezler 880 WWW on there ,it feels smooth compared to the Dunlap baldy I had on there, any thing is better than bald, kinda took me by surprise , too much riding and not enough looking.

51hog
St.Augustine is a great place , all around , I even like the old city . We go to a place called Scarlet O'Hara's for lunch some times .Luhrs is a pretty good boat.

Return to “Wheels, Hubs & Tires”